Here are 5 tips to help improve your business’ digital presence in preparation for Ramadan and Raya shoppers with Google My Business.
Ramadan is here and with Hari Raya just around the corner, businesses will have to continue to adapt to the evolving business environment brought on by the pandemic. With the majority of shoppers expected to go online during the festive season in keeping with social distancing norms and safety measures, there is a bigger need than before for businesses to enhance their online presence.
For many Malaysians, the pandemic did not dampen the shopping spirit. In fact, statistics from Google’s e-Conomy SEA 2020 report reveal that Malaysia’s 2020 Ecommerce growth is estimated at 87%, highest in the SEA region. With the increase in Malaysians searching and shopping online to prepare for Raya, your online presence today matters more than ever.
Here are 5 tips to help improve your business’ digital presence in preparation for Ramadan and Raya shoppers with Google My Business:
1. Reach out to potential customers in the community. Claim your free Business Profile to manage how your business appears on Google Search and Maps. Searches for “near me” have grown 4X in Malaysia in the past three years1, clearly indicating that shoppers are turning to digital to find what they need, nearby.
2. Keep customers up-to-date. When people search for a business near them, they want to find answers to their questions quickly. Do you have a new menu, product photos or operating hours? Keep this information updated to make it easy for your customers to support your business.
3. Attract customers with Ramadan offers. A market research poll showed 50% of customers look for promotions or discounts when searching for a business online.2 Capture customers’ attention by posting Ramadan promotions or special offers on your profile.
4. Let customers know how they can shop with you. Whether you’re offering in-store pickup, dine-in, or delivery options - with everything going on right now, customers are looking for peace of mind when they shop. Tell them which COVID-19 safety protocols you have put in place by updating your Business Profile on Google.
5. Make it easy for customers to contact you. Ensure that your phone number is correctly reflected and turn on the messaging function on your profile so that customers can easily reach out to you through Google Search and Maps for any questions.
If you’re ready to take your business online or improve its digital presence, check out these free virtual digital skills workshops, Mahir Digital Bersama Google where certified trainers share free tools and resources to help you make the transition to digital and maintain a strong connection with your customers.