While you don't need to follow Disney's script for your video commercials, there is a guideline to make your marketing campaign just as effective!
"You have a hero, a conflict, failed attempts to solve the problem, back-up plans, a breakthrough, a solution that works and finally a conclusion."
Sounds familiar? Yes, this is a typical script for Disney movies.
While you don't need to follow Disney's script for your video commercials, there is a guideline to make your advertising or marketing campaign as effective as Disney's story-telling.
It is as simple as A-B-C-D.
A for Attract; B for Brand; C for Connect; D for Direct.
You can't go wrong if you apply this concept on the storyboard while planning for your commercial video production.
Without further ado, here's what you need to do with the A-B-C-D of video marketing.
Hook customer attention & get them to tune in:
- Use tight framing on the subject
- Aim for 2-3 shots in the first 5 seconds
- If people appear in your video, open with them on-screen
- Use stunning, delightful or otherwise memorable imagery
Help consumers see / hear your brand:
- Introduce your brand or product in the first 5 seconds
- Optimize logo placement for your marketing objective
- Show visuals (mascots, colors) unique to your brand
- Use on-screen actors for brand audio mentions
Make them think or feel something about your brand:
- Treat function & emotion as levers that can work together or independently
- Don’t shy away from functional storytelling
- Lean into emotional levers like action, humor and intrigue when it works for your brand
- Make people core to the story
Get them to take action:
- Show offers and call-to-action through text cards, simple animation or voiceover
- Make offers inspire a sense of urgency
- Use specific CTAs (e.g., Visit site, Sign up, Buy now) or include a search bar