Social media. If you're an expert, you know the best way to advertise your salon is by photos or videos of your work. But don't make...
Your captions help in providing important context that photos can't provide. So how do you write a good caption? It's easy when you follow our 5 simple tips.
KISS stands for Keep It Short & Simple, or Keep It Simple & Stupid. For social media, users have a short attention span, plus your caption gets cut off after 125 characters. So get straight to the point!
- Good example
- The new miracle shampoo is now here at Lenglui Salon! Get it now for 20% off!
- Bad example
- Here at Lenglui Salon, we strive to only give you the best products we can find. We carefully handpicked products that we know you will love. Now with the newly arrived Kerastase shampoo, your hair will always be in its tip-top condition, so you’ll always be the star wherever you go. Visit us now and get this shampoo at 20% off
Your caption's tonality depends on your target audience and also the image you wish to portray for your salon. You can check out these few examples and see the difference.
- Casual local
- Walao wei! Can you believe we only used L’Oreal Dialight for this? 😲
- Another reason to get that #hotd for IG! 💁 Check out the latest L’Oreal Dialight Milkshake here!
- Bring out the fashionista in you with the new Dialight Milkshake by L’Oreal. Book an appointment today.
#3. Ask Questions
- Who here wants fabulous hair? ✋ Comment if you’d like to try this hairstyle!
- Such an amazingly simple hair tutorial from xx! Are you planning to try it?
- To drive sales and inquiries:
- Book now
- Call today
- Reserve an appointment
- Check out our new products
- Come see our prices
- Contact us
- Don’t miss the latest promotion
- Find out more
- Get free treatment
- To drive engagement on posts:
- Comment your favourite
- Like if you agree
- Tag a friend
- Share this post
#5. Hashtags & Tagging
- Further read on tips and guide for your salon marketing: