How Nature's Way ran a successful campaign with video, influencer marketing and Facebook advertising. Get the inside scoop on how to get yours off the ground too!
While many influencers are creative with their brand endorsement, there are also many who are too lazy with their paid assignment. You might remember seeing those typical "pose with the product" postings without really showcasing the USPs.
In such cases, it is a waste of money for advertisers really. So, how do we minimize the potential shortcomings and maximize the collaboration with influencers?
Case study: Nature's Way Instant Natural Protein
We have recently worked with Australian vitamins and supplements brand Nature’s Way, on launching their new product to the local market. Here's how we executed the influencer marketing campaign for Instant Natural Protein, targeting health-conscious Malaysians aged 30 and above.
In this case, we engaged Fouziah Gous, a local actress, host and entrepreneur with 1.1M followers on Instagram to produce the video content together, get her to post the video on her Instagram, and we will then use the same video to run Facebook advertising under Nature's Way brand.
Read on to find out how it works.
Step 1: Producing a testimonial cum commercial video
We work with the brand and influencer to plan the video storyboard and produce a testimonial video with elements of a commercial video too. In this way, we make sure the brand message is being fully delivered via the influencer.
You might be asking, why not just produce a standard commercial for influencers to post? Well, you can't be too commercial on Instagram so the influencer's personality needs to be in the content. Furthermore, many established influencers out there don't accept "posting your commercials".
This is how we structure the video flow:
- Give a problem statement: Having a busy lifestyle and finding it difficult to focus on nutrition.
- Introduce product as the solution: Instant Natural Protein provides daily protein needs in a drink.
- Explain product USPs: It helps make you stronger, leaner, more agile and lower your 3 highs. It also benefits older people.
- Call-to-action: Asking viewers to try out the product themselves.
Step 2: The usual Instagram posting by the influencer
This makes her a perfect fit into our target audience as they can relate to her. Therefore, having her represent the brand builds credibility.
Here's the Instagram posting by Fouziah: https://www.instagram.com/p/BrUgz1_gyEb/
The response to Fouziah’s Instagram posting is well received with organic results as below:
- 36,595 video views
- 36,500 likes, 33 comments
- Engagement rate of 3.3% (as compared to an average of 1-2%)
Step 3: Using influencer's brand endorsement to run FB ads
As we discussed earlier in this article, most of the influencers have limited reach on Facebook organically. Therefore, it is a good idea for brands to "take care" of the Facebook platform with advertising.
In the case of Nature's Way, we negotiated with Fouziah for short-term brand endorsement, so that the brand can use her video to advertise on Facebook for the period of one month.
While the posting on Instagram is more personal (like a friend selling you stuffs), a direct commercial approach can be adopted on Facebook.
This is how it looks like, you can also check out the actual posting here.
Here are some useful tips on Facebook ads:
- As opposed to dark post method, create a page post first then use the video post to run ads.
- This ad post will appear in your FB page showing bought video views.
- Go for video views instead of other objectives like link click.
- You can add the landing URL (e.g. for purchase) with a call-to-action button.
- In this case, you get both the video views and link clicks for those who are interested to find out more.
Arguably, the engagement rate of such influencer's brand endorsement is relatively better than the direct advertisement approach on Facebook.
- Are you a brand planning to launch your product or services to the market?
- Contact us if you wish to emulate such influencer + video + Facebook advertising campaign!