At this point, TikTok is no stranger to Internet-savvy users especially the younger ones. Famous for its 500 million users worldwide ( 4 mil...
With brands like McDonald's, Shopee, Guardian already executed TikTok campaigns in Malaysia, now it is Watsons's turn to ride on the TikTok bandwagon.
During the recent Chinese New Year, Watsons launched a challenge for users to show how happy and beautiful they are in 2019.
Rules are the same as previous TikTok challenges; choose a song (in this case, it's Watsons "Happy Beautiful Year"), record, and stand a chance to win!
But there's a catch; users must follow the designated hand gestures (as stated on their TikTok microsite).
What are the #HappyBeautifulYear prizes?
Ironically, the top 3 prizes are quite similar to the Guardian's campaign. However, it is great to see Watsons offering consolation prizes, and more importantly, the participation prizes to encourage users to join:
- Grand prize: RM3,000 Watsons Points & RM2,000 Watsons cash voucher
- Second prize: RM2,000 Watsons Points & RM1,000 Watsons cash voucher
- Third prize: RM1,000 Watsons Points & RM500 Watsons cash voucher
- Consolation prizes: RM100 Watsons cash voucher
- Participation prizes: RM10 online Watsons voucher
How to join #HappyBeautifulYear TikTok contest?
It is the usual TikTok contest procedure, with participants are required to dance and record the video, then post the video on TikTok with #HappyBeautifulYear hashtag.
As opposed to most TikTok contest, participants only have a 7-days window (21 to 27 January 2019) to participate in the Watsons TikTok contest.
Watsons #HappyBeautifulYear submissions
The contest ran for only 1 week and it managed to garner 2.9 million views! There is an estimated total of 1,600 submissions, based on the number of times the song was used.
In comparison, the total submission of Watsons contest could be even more than McDonald's, which was 1,147 (reported here) albeit with 2 more days to go.
- If you represent a brand or advertiser...
- Promote your brand to the next generations, check out TikTok Advertising in Malaysia.