With more than 100M TikTok users out of China, how many of them are from Malaysia and what is the demographic distribution like?
It was only last year (September 2017 to be exact), Douyin has been branded as TikTok for the international market when it expanded into Indonesia.
This can be considered as the first real success by a social mobile app developer from China to stamp its global footprint, a milestone that even WeChat couldn't achieve after so many years.
As a marketer, do take a look at the McDonald's TikTok campaign if you missed it earlier. Next, you might be wondering how big, and what kind of audience TikTok has in Malaysia. Let's find out!
What can you do with TikTok?
If you are new to TikTok, this is how it works in a nutshell:
- Pick a catchy tune from the massive sound library
- Shoot yourself dancing to the song
- Add cool effect and voila!
Don't worry if this seems too challenging for you as TikTok is usually popular among the younger audience.
How does TikTok rank in the app charts?
According to SensorTower, TikTok ranks highly in top mobile apps by downloads charts in Q2 2018:
- TikTok is #5 overall downloads
- TikTok is #1 in App Store downloads
- TikTok is #9 in Google Play downloads
How many TikTok users in Malaysia?
ByteDance has announced back in July 2018 that TikTok's global monthly active users (MAU) has hit 500 million, with more than 300 million contributed from mainland China alone.
That means there are more than 100 million TikTok users out of China, with key markets as below:
- India: 36M users
- Indonesia: 17M users
- USA: 16M users
- Thailand: 9M users
- Japan: 8.5M users
- Malaysia: 4M users
What is the TikTok's demographic in Malaysia?
- 58% Female, 42% Male
- 20% iOS, 80% Android
- 22 minutes average time spent on TikTok per day
- 5 times average time TikTok is opened per day
- 2.6 billion average monthly video views
- 40% imitate the content spread on TikTok
- If you represent a brand or advertiser...
- Promote your brand to the next generations, check out TikTok Advertising in Malaysia.